http://wp.me/73T9 Sm.ArTist :Confessions of an aspiring artist WordPress BLOG
Alyson B Stanfield Recommeds
I have a ritual around writing that requires a clean space and a clear mind. It also tends to be a circuitous route to the actual writing activity.
Here’s how the first draft of this newsletter came together one afternoon.
1. Take photo of messy desk in case I need it for this note – 3:43 p.m.
2. Move piles to other surface area, except for a business card I need to take action on
3. Give cat some water out of the faucet.
4. Think about writing newsletter.
5. Decide that blueberries sound good, so snack on blueberries and sift through a few pages in the newspaper. (Disappointed in blueberries.)
6. Sit down to write newsletter and start timer.
7. Turn off timer and think about acting on the business card.
8. Muster all of my discipline and move business card out of my way.
9. Think music would be nice, so turn on Latin guitar music.
10. Restart timer and restart writing.
11. Decide guitar music isn’t the right fit. Switch to Zen meditation music at 3:59.
12. First draft done at 4:25 p.m. with 2 minutes and 39 seconds left on the timer.
The revision stage came next, not to mention the process of finding images, but we’ll save those for another time.
Today’s article is something I’ve been alluding to in previous posts. It’s time to tackle the subject.